Friday, January 30, 2009

INDEBTED TO A SAVIOUR (part 3)

The orthopaedic surgeon diagnosed me with having a severe muscle sprain and that my hip and thigh bone were slightly out of position. They were supposed to fit perfectly into each other, but they had pulled apart a little. He said I had to be out for a year. I was aghast. This killed my chances of taking part in the Nationals anymore! I was upset, I was depressed. I refused to talk to anybody, unless if it was absolutely necessary. I was too angry, too sad, too furious, too dejected to focus on anything because now the melancholy had taken over. I had let everyone down.




Most of all, I had let myself down.



***


I have came a long way since then. I suffered from the injury in September but by December, I was approached by my current teacher-I mean, coach to attend light training under her since she offered to coach me. Talk about a speedy recovery. She was a good friend of my mother’s best friend, so she found out soon enough that I had no intention of resuming training with my previous coach. I was still refusing to talk to anyone at that point and everyone, myself included, was quite shocked I had given her the chance to compromise.


But I never regretted that decision. My current tea- I mean, coach was the one who tapped my potential and talent to the maximum. She slowly guided me back into becoming the person I used to be, the person whom everyone missed. The girl who everyone loved.
*****


I stood beaming from ear to ear on the podium after receiving my gold medals, all six of them. I was now waiting to be awarded the huge gold trophy. If my aura was a colour, it would have to be yellow and gold, the colours of exuberance. If you stood close enough, you would be able to hear my heart shouting with glee and elation. The delight of finally getting here was too overwhelming, I could even burst into tears of jubilance now.


“And the National Finals Champion is….”
I closed my eyes to savour the moment.

In that blink of an eye, I was praying and giving thanks to the only person who was on my mind.


Thank you, teacher.


I mean, coach.




BeatriceLowWeiJin.
it's copyrighted ya know.
by me, du-uh.
*grins*
God Bless....You~

No comments: